CD feeder not working for print factory II

NEws and reviews about the latest Blu-Ray and HD DVD recording and media technology.

Postby Vicky » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:42 pm

This post is an edited transcript from our live support system.

Vicky:
Tony:
hello please describe the problem to me.
Tony:
in detail
Vicky:
Hi, I just submitted a RMA form, but i am not sure if it is a simple problem and I can fix by my own
Vicky:
Hi, since first time we bought the machine, the feeder did not support 100 CDs, even we put first 10 flat and make rest 90 CDs with an angle. We normally put 10 CDs in it it worked fine. Now the problem is new, the feeder has motor noise when feed CDs, it is very loud and sometimes fed 2 CDs at a time and got jam. Must be something wrong with the feeder?
Tony:
ah thought i recognise the name.
Vicky:
honestly, we bought it a year ago, and it never supported 100 cds , never
Tony:
how did you load the discs first of all?
Tony:
I mean you load 5 discs in and then the rest at an angle
Vicky:
I put a few flat, and put rest with an angle, but it stuck after a few copies
Vicky:
now, i have to put one by one
Vicky:
it has motor noise
Vicky:
printing is fine, just the feeder doesn't load CDs properly
Tony:
the motor has failed on the unit so therefore needs replacing, with regards to it not dropping discs properly you will need to make some adjustments.
Vicky:
I put 2 CDs for testing, and both drop in
Vicky:
how to make adjustments? the motor has noise when feeding, it is fine when printing
Tony:
it would be easier to send the unit back to us, as the unit is out of warranty, and the motor needs replacing.
Vicky:
yeah, it's ok, i will post it tomorrow. please can you advise how much to repair it and how long it will take? we normally print 100 cd per day, it is very urgent for us to get it back
Tony:
Should cost no more than £90.00 including shipping. You will receive for Thursday depending on when we get the unit back.
Vicky:
cool, i will pack it asap. thanks tony
Tony:
No problem, I will also adjust it so that it will take the 100 discs without any problems
Vicky:
thanks, by for now.
Vicky

Postby Vincent » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:17 am

I've not had that problem with the product I bought from octave.com - check it out.
Vincent

Return to Blu-Ray and HD DVD forum