I am interested in the STORDIGITAL 3 20X DVD 40X CD Premium

If your having problems with your StorDigital equipment or just want to know how you do something this is the forum for you.

Moderator: Tech_Team

Postby Emma » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:05 pm

This post is an edited transcript from our live support system.

Emma:
Duplicator, my main purpose is to be able to produce duplicate DVDs from our own film masters. Can you tell me why I should want the optional hard disk?
Tony:
Hi Emma,
Emma:
Hi Tony!!
Tony:
The optional HDD allows you to store multiple master "iso" files inside the machine. Each one you can give an 8 character name (A-Z, 0-9) and
recall at anytime without the need for your master disc
Emma:
So, given we usually only need to produce 2 copies of each master, and would use around 10 different masters per week, it sounds to me like we dont need it.
Tony:
well most likely no
Tony:
its only if you have some "popular" titles
Tony:
that you intend to recall week after week
Tony:
although the HDD does help speed up the burn slightly, and prevent the data from damage (ie, scratches etc)
Tony:
if you're only making 2 copies of each master it sounds like you wouldn't need it
Emma:
Each DVD relates to one of our client cases, so there isnt really a popular title. Before I go ahead then, any reason why this isnt the product for us (from the ltd info given)
Tony:
well no! It sounds like you're after a machine where you can put in a master disc and produce 2 copies. This machine will do exactly that (up
to 3 copies at once)
Emma:
Brilliant! Thanks for your help.
Tony:
you're welcome :-)
Emma

Return to StorDigital